Effect of Automotive Injection Mold Temperature on Plastic Parts
There are many factors that affect the Automotive Injection Mold cooling, such as the shape of the plastic parts and the design of the parting surface, the type of cooling medium, the temperature, the flow rate, the geometric parameters and the spatial arrangement of the cooling pipe, the mold material, the melt temperature, the top The temperature and mold temperature, Automotive Injection Mold plastic parts and molds between the thermal cycle interaction.
(1) low mold temperature can reduce the molding shrinkage of plastic parts.
(2) mold temperature uniformity, cooling time is short, the injection speed can reduce the plastic parts of the warping deformation.
(3) for the crystalline polymer, improve the mold temperature can make plastic parts size and stability, to avoid post-crystallization phenomenon, but will lead to extension of the molding cycle and plastic parts of the defects.
(4) As the crystallinity of the crystalline polymer increases, the resistance to stress cracking of the plastic is lowered, so that it is advantageous to reduce the mold temperature. However, for high viscosity amorphous polymers, because of its endurance cracking and plastic parts of the internal stress is directly related to, so improve the mold temperature and filling speed, reduce the feeding time is favorable.
(5) to improve the mold temperature can improve the surface quality of plastic parts. Mold temperature to determine the Automotive Injection Molding process, the mold temperature directly affects the plastic filling, plastic parts stereotypes, molding cycle and plastic parts quality. The temperature of the mold depends on the plastic crystallinity, plastic parts size and structure, performance requirements and other process conditions such as melt temperature, injection speed, injection pressure and molding cycle. For amorphous polymers, the melt is solidified as the temperature decreases after being injected into the mold cavity, but does not undergo phase transformation. Mold temperature mainly affects the viscosity of the melt, i.e., the filling rate. Therefore, Automotive Injection Mold for lower and medium-sized amorphous plastics such as polystyrene, cellulose acetate, etc., using a lower mold temperature can shorten the cooling time.