Injection mold, also known as injection mold, the basic structure of the mold and molding process characteristics have been mentioned above. Injection mold is mainly used for the molding of thermoplastic products, in recent years are increasingly used for thermosetting plastic molding, injection molding in plastic products forming a large proportion of the world's plastic molding die production is more than half of injection mold The
Plastic classification: a wide variety of plastics, according to their processing performance can be divided into different types of thermoplastics and thermosetting plastics. Thermoplastics are plastics that can be repeatedly heated and cooled in a specific temperature range. Thermosetting plastic heated to a certain temperature, no longer melt and plastic.
Typical Injection Mold Design Process In the Pro / ENGINEER environment, the injection mold design process consists of the following steps:
(1) create plastic parts model (also known as three-dimensional modeling);
(2) create blanks to define the volume of all mold elements;
(3) According to the different shrinkage, stripping slope and plastic parts model to build the cavity, the core characteristics and size;
(4) to join the mold assembly characteristics to form a gating system, the definition of sub-surface and module;
(5) define the steps of mold opening and check the interference;
(6) according to the need to install mold seat, complete the cooling system design;
(7) to complete the parts of all parts of the map;
(8) According to the processing needs, generate part of the NC code.
Here is a car on a part of an example to introduce the design of the course design process
(1) create plastic parts model (also known as three-dimensional modeling)
Which in the establishment of three-dimensional parts drawing should pay attention to the following matters
1) the wall thickness of the workpiece should be determined
1. To meet the requirements of the premise, to minimize wall thickness;
2. parts of the wall thickness as much as possible to reduce the internal stress and deformation;
3. To bear the tightening force parts must ensure the compressive strength;
4. To avoid the thick parts of the shrinkage and depression;
5. Shaped out to withstand the impact of the impact.
2) The necessary stripping slope must be set
1. For large shrinkage of plastic parts should use a larger degree of stripping;
2. For large size parts or dimensional accuracy requirements of the workpiece should be a small stripping angle;
3. When the thickness of the workpiece thicker, the molding shrinkage increases, so the stripping slope should be large;
4. For the enhanced plastic stripping slope should be taken large;
5. With self-lubricating agent and other easy mold release plastic may be small;
6. In general, the release angle is not included in the tolerance range.
3) Corners are designed as rounded as far as possible
Fillet to avoid stress concentration, improve the strength of parts
Fillet can be conducive to filling and stripping
Fillet is conducive to mold manufacturing, improve the mold strength.